A Waltz with Death

I stood right there
In the summer air
As I waited for my date.

I was afraid
That she'd run away
Because of my state.

For I was death,
The taker of breath,
Was afraid that she would be late.

I quivered end quaked
And occasionally I shaked,
As I waited for the.

I checked my watch -
With a noticeable splotch -
And it was quarter past the three.

Then I glanced right near
To see she was here,
And I stood there like a tree.

Her dress was red
My heart bled,
Oh, god! I wanted to cry "Oui, oui!"

Her hair was the sun
Tied up in a bun
With no loose ends of hair.

Her eyes were the moon
With the chance of a boon
Like hidden treasures somewhere.

She walked towards me
With a smile of glee;
And her shape resembled a pear.

"Hello," she said
As she bowed her head,
Her voice was like a prayer.

I simply smiled,
My heart gone wild,
And I took my first bow.

"Loki, isn't it?"
I whispered quite a bit
Like it was a sacred vow.

"Why yes," she inquired,
As if it was inspired
In the etches of heaven.

Now, before I spoke,
And I felt like a bloke,
She took my hand,
As if to plan
A wondrous time ahead.

She leaned up close,
And I began to froze.
"Let's dance," she said
As she twiddled the thread
On my inky black cloak.

"Just you and I,
Don't be shy,
I only ask for a dance."

She threw her arms
With beautiful charms
Around my great shoulders.

So, I took her waist
Without any haste,
And we danced the day away.

We did a Waltz
And it wasn't false
And our eyes met in a glance.

And I dare say
I felt rather gay
As I looked into her eyes.

They gleamed and glared
In the summer air
Like the pale moonlight.

Now, that dance
That lasted a glance
Was the most beautiful thing in the world.

I'm sad to say
In less than a day
That it wasn't very long.

But, I will cherish
Long after you perish
The Waltz with Loki Fawkes Holmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment